Thursday, June 25, 2009

Response to Tiffany's- wk6

I read your eureka moment a couple of nights ago and have been thinking a lot about what you were saying about your boss. I work in a school and the our head of schools is a female. She had all the assistants met with her this afternoon to discuss next year and her higher then tho attitude was really grinding at me. You did not have a positive thing to say and was almost enjoying her authority over having us come back next year. As I take more gender classes, I am starting to think that maybe it is not equality we are after, but power and control. I cannot believe how she can make almost everyone in the building uncomfortable just with her presence. This is my first year at this school and since I am finishing my degree with this lovely class, I am hoping to find a job before September, so I do not have to go back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment