Thursday, June 11, 2009

Response to Robin- wk 4

I can see why this would be policy, even though it does not make it right. A man is just as capable and I know my brothers always changed diapers when their kids were younger. But in our society, this could cause problems. For instance, say some wacko parent accuses this male of doing something inappropriate? This could cause some liability problems. Not that a woman is not capable of this same behavior, but as a society, these are not behaviors associated with women. We are the caregivers and I would have to agree with Kesha, that I would probably be uncomfortable if I knew a male was changing my litte girls diapers.
I also want to state that I had a student in one of the alternative schools I worked at, thrown out of district because some girl accused him of making sexual remarks about her. This proved to be untrue and he ended up getting placed back in district. So I believe this policy at the daycare was probably in place for liability reasons, or at least I would hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment