Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Response to Taryn-wk 6

I have to say when I saw Patrick Swayze cry on a Barbara Walters special a few years back, my crush on him grew stronger. He was talking about losing his father and teared up. I believe when a man cry's, he shows he is capable of opening up with his emotions and that he can go against the norm, but showing that it is alright to cry. I know my brother was very upset when his cat dies a couple of months ago. This surprised my father, who thought my brother was stronger then that. Showing emotions really does not play into strength and as long as they are not cry babies, I have no problem with seeing men cry. It actually makes me respect them more.
As for women sportscasters, I agree with Robin that as long as they are knowledgeable, they have as much right as men. Dana Pennett-O'Niel is a sportscaster for Philadelphia Daily News and does a really good job. She went to my daughter's high school and came into school one day to speak with my daughter's class. My daughter was so excited when she came home from school and thought that Dana had the coolest job. Every time I see her on the program I wish those opportunities were available in my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment